JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Correction, requirements and Exam dates
Arzoo KheniFeb 6, 2019 . Must read
JEE Main postponed indefinitely! What?
National Testing Agency (NTA) has postponed the JEE Main April exam 2020 that was scheduled for April 5,7,9 and 11. The reason of postponement is Coronavirus! The further schedule for JEE Main 2020 will be released on March 31. The JEE Main admit card 2020 that was scheduled to be published on March 20 has also been delayed to March 31. Check here in full details
JEE Main Application form 2020 – Starting date
The official National Test Agency (NTA) website declared the result for JEE Main January 2020 on 17th January. In this announcement, NTA released important dates and deadlines related to JEE Main exam 2020 April session. JEE Main is a very important exam for aspirants preparing to pursue their careers in engineering. That’s why students are advised to check (and double check) all important dates related to JEE Mains. Failing to do so can make you disqualified for the JEE Mains and potentially JEE Advanced.
But hey, worry not. We have covered every important exam dates related to JEE Mains. There are two different papers in JEE Mains. Paper-1 usually refers to B.E/B.Tech courses. While Paper-2 is for B.Arch/B.Plan courses. Paper-1 is more famous (because everybody wants to become a computer engineer these days). This JEE Main application form process is valid for both these papers.
One last thing before we go for the dates. I’m sure you’d appear right on the day of the exams without any delay. But are you confident about your JEE preparations? If there’s any room for hesitation regarding this, you can boost your confidence with unlimited practice questions for revisions. Clear remaining doubts in seconds. All for free after signup.
JEE Main Application form 2020 – Highlights
- Just like the January session, the application process for the JEE Main April session 2020 is completely online. Check here for more details.
- The application form submission window is open from the 7th Feb to 7th March. Even though it is a one-month long window, students are highly advised to fill your form as soon as possible.
- Make sure you have a valid and working phone number with you. Email address and Phone numbers are required for further communication process in the JEE Main application form.
- A recent colour photograph of the candidate along with the signature is required while filling the JEE Main application form for 2020.
- There is no requirement for any kind of documents to be couriered physically. Every part of the application process is online. The correction facility is carried out in online mode.
- Fees for the application form will only be collected in the online mode. (To make sure there is no corruption!!)
- NTA gives you an JEE Main Application form correction window in case you have any mistakes/misspellings in your application form. No need to panic over this.
JEE Main Application form 2020 – Fees
Application processing fees for Boys and Girls are different. There’s a relaxation of 50% fees for the female candidates. It is also further divided category wise. JEE Main application form is quite costly in my own opinion. What’s your opinion? Comment down in the post.
Fees for only one of B.E./B.Tech or B.Planning or B. Arch
|Category||Fees (In India)||Fees (Outside India)|
|General / Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL) – Boys||₹ 650 /-||₹ 3000 /-|
|General / Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL) – Girls||₹ 325 /-||₹ 1500 /-|
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||₹ 325 /-||₹ 1500 /-|
Fees for any two papers of B.E./B.Tech or B.Planning or B. Arch
|Category||Fees (In India)||Fees (Outside India)|
|General / Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL) – Boys||₹ 1300 /-||₹ 6000 /-|
|General / Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL) – Girls||₹ 650 /-||₹ 3000 /-|
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||₹ 650 /-||₹ 3000 /-|
JEE Main 2020 Exam dates - April session
Note: These dates are mentioned here for legacy reasons. The dates for JEE Main have been postponed to September 1-6, the following dates are not longer followed. Read more about this here.
|Availability of JEE Main Application form 2020||Feb 7, 2020|
|JEE main application form deadline for April 2020||Mar 7, 2020|
|Last date of fee submission and image upload for April 2020 exam||Mar 8, 2020|
|JEE Main Application form correction window 2020||To be announced|
|JEE Main Admit card for January 2020 released||Mar 16, 2020|
|JEE Main exam dates for april 2020||September 1-6|
|JEE Main exam results date||Postponed|
How to fill JEE Main application form 2020
The official NTA link is yet to be announced. We’ll post the official link here. After going to the link, follow these steps and be done with your JEE Main application form.
Step 1: Open the link and read all the instructions clearly.
Step 2: Now click on the checkbox and proceed to Apply online
Step 3: You’ll see the application form. Enter your Name, Date of Birth and further necessary details very carefully. Your name should be the exact same as your 10th mark sheet (or 12th for droppers).
Step 4: You may select a total of 4 cities as your exam centre as per your preference. The first city will be given the highest priority.
Step 5: Enter your valid phone number and Email Address.
Step 6: Now upload your scanned photograph. Repeat the same process for signature. There is a size limit to these photographs. Keep reading to know more.
Step 7: Now go for the payment. “Pay exam fee” -> “Go for Payment” in JEE Main application form.
Step 8: Choose one payment method as per your choice. Check the further sections for the available modes of payment.
Step 9: After the payment, confirmation receipt is generated. Take a print out of this page for further use. Also, save the page as a pdf and forward it to your email address.
That’s it. Now the gateway to NITs and other Universities has been opened for you.
JEE Main Application form requirements and limitations
- Get a scanned photograph of yourself. The size of this photograph should be between 10 KB and 200 KB. Only JPG and JPEG formats are allowed.
- Get a scanned picture of your signature. The size of this picture must be between 4 KB and 30 KB. The formats allowed for the signature are JPG or JPEG.
- The mode of payment is strictly online. Credit card, Debit card, PayTM, Online banking and (our new favourite) UPI is available as the mode of payment.
- Once the process is over, NTA does not allow a refund of your payment. NTA has a strict return policy for JEE Main application form!
- If your application fee status is “Not Ok“, then you have to proceed for the fees again till it shows Ok. You’ll receive a refund for your failed transactions.
- Your password for the JEE Main application form must be 8 to 13 characters long. The password must have at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter. The password must contain at least one special character (like _*^&$%@!#)
- JEE Main and NTA authority provides 10% reservation of Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS). Please make sure to check mark this option during the application form filling process.
JEE Main Examination day schedule 2020
There are 2 shifts for JEE Mains exams in both the attempts. Keep in mind whether you’re in the first shift (morning) or second shift (Evening). It is important to reach the exam centre 90 minutes before the starting of the exam. Here’s a tentative timing on the day of the exam.
|Timing||Morning Shift||Evening Shift|
|JEE Main exam timing||9:30 AM – 12:30 PM||2:30 PM – 5:30 PM|
|Exam centre entry||7:30 AM – 8:30 AM||12:30 PM – 1:30 PM|
|Examination hall entry||8:45 AM – 9:00 AM||1:45 PM – 2:00 PM|
|Verifying Admit card||9:00 AM – 9:15 AM||2:00 PM – 2:15 PM|
|Go to your Seats||9:15 AM||2:15 PM|
|JEE Main instructions||9:15 AM – 9:25 AM||2:15 PM – 2:25 PM|
|JEE exam time duration||3 hours||3 hours|
|finishing exam||12:30 PM||5:30 PM|
JEE Main Exam dates – January 2020 (Over)
|JEE Main Application form 2020 released||Sept 3, 2019|
|The final date of JEE Main Application form submission||Oct 10, 2019|
|Last date of fee submission and image upload||Oct 11, 2019|
|JEE Main Application form correction window 2020||Oct 14-20, 2019|
|Jammu and Kashmir students JEE Main 2020 Application form||Nov 4-8, 2019|
|JEE Main exam date announced||Dec 6, 2019|
|JEE Main Admit card for January 2020 released||Dec 6, 2019|
|JEE Main paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan) date||Jan 6, 2020|
|JEE Main paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) exam date||Jan 7-9, 2020|
|JEE Main exam results date||Jan 17, 2020|
JEE Main Examination date highlights
- Test practice centres: NTA has opened more than 3400 test centres across India. If you’ve not been there once, I highly recommend you stop reading this post and go there (Unless it’s very cold out there!). Go to official NTA registration process from here for these centres. If you can’t go there, you can attempt JEE Main mock test from your home in NTA style for free. Signup here.
- JEE Main application form correction: If you’ve decided to change your name overnight (or there’s some mistake in the form), you can correct it from here.
- JEE Main eligibility criteria: Every aspirant should go through these criteria once. Here are the highlights anyway: 1. No nationality limitation. 2. No Age limit (yay..) 3. Cleared 10+2 (or 12th ) in 2018 or 2019 or appearing in 2020. 4. Maximum 6 attempts in 3 consecutive years. If you’re ineligible in any of these criteria, then you shouldn’t bother with JEE Main application form.
- JEE Main 2020 Exam results: Results for the January attempt 2020 were declared on 17 January 2020. JEE Main 2020 exam results for the April session will be announced on 30th April 2020. Feeling nervous already? let’s practice right away.
Before you go away, I’m curious to know more about your confidence in Calculus in mathematics. Every year JEE asks many questions from this section. If you’ve got 1 hour of time, let’s check this by taking a chapter test which contains all important topics from this chapter. Register and get started for free.
We hope that you ROCK your JEE
Examination date FAQs
What is the deadline of JEE Main application form 2020?
For the April attempt, the dates are from 7th February to 7th March 2020. Make sure you fill your application as early as possible.
How can I know my JEE Main exam dates?
You can check your exact examination date from your admit card for the January attempt. Admit cards for the April attempt are yet to roll out. Get your Admit card from NTA
What is JEE Main application form correction window?
NTA opens an application correction window to rectify any mistakes in your application form. Also note that there are application correction fees for this facility on NTA.
What is the passing mark for JEE Main?
There is NO passing marks limitation for giving JEE Main. However, if you want to appear for JEE advanced, you need 75% in 12th for general and OBC category, and 65% for SC/ST and other categories.
How many attempts are there in JEE Main 2020?
As of 2019, Students have a maximum of 6 attempts in the maximum duration of 3 years. Your first attempt counts during your 12th standard. So, If you’re in 12th right now, you become ineligible to attend JEE after 2022.
Account is deducted from my account but the fees shows "NOT Ok"!
Don’t worry. It means your transaction is failed for some technical reasons. You’ll receive a full refund for your payment. Just make sure to make the payment again to be eligible for JEE Main April 2020 session.