JEE Main exam dates 2020
Shweta KatheriaDec 24, 2019 . 2 min read
NOTE: JEE Main has been postponed!
National Testing Agency (NTA) has postponed the JEE Main April exam 2020 that was scheduled for April 5,7,9 and 11. The reason of postponement is Coronavirus! NTA had postponed JEE Main to July 18-23, but the dates have been further postponed to September 1-6. Check full news here.
JEE Main important dates 2020
JEE Main 2020 dates – the NTA (National Testing Agency) generally declares JEE Main exam dates. NTA conducts JEE Main twice a year since 2019. The first attempt is in January while the other is held in April first and second week. JEE Main is a very important exam for aspirants preparing to pursue their careers in engineering. That’s why students are advised to check (and double-check) all important dates related to JEE Mains. Failing to do so can make you disqualified for the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.
But hey, worry not. We have covered every important exam dates related to JEE Mains. So that you can focus on your study while we do your research. If you are appearing for JEE Main 2020 January attempt, Then I hope you have received your Admit card by now. If not, simply download from here. There are two different papers in JEE Mains. Paper-1 usually refers to B.E/B.Tech courses. While Paper-2 is for B.Arch/B.Plan courses. Paper-1 is more famous (because everybody wants to become a computer engineer these days).
One last thing before we go for the dates. I’m sure you’d appear right on the day of the exams without any delay. But are you confident about your JEE preparations? If there’s any room for hesitation regarding this, you can boost your confidence with unlimited practice questions for revisions. Clear remaining doubts in seconds. All for free after signup.
JEE Main Exam dates – January 2020
|JEE Main 2020 Application form released||Sept 3, 2019|
|Final date of Application form submission||Oct 10, 2019|
|Last date of fee submission and image upload||Oct 11, 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Application correction date window||Oct 14-20, 2019|
|Jammu and Kashmir students JEE Main 2020 Application form||Nov 4-8, 2019|
|JEE Main exam date announced||Dec 6, 2019|
|JEE Main Admit card for January 2020 released||Dec 6, 2019|
|JEE Main paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan) date||Jan 6, 2020|
|JEE Main paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) exam date||Jan 7-9, 2020|
|JEE Main exam results date||Jan 30, 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Exam dates - April session
Note: These dates are mentioned here for legacy reasons. The dates for JEE Main have been postponed to September 1-6, the following dates are not longer followed. Read more about this here.
|Availability of JEE Main Application form 2020||Feb 7, 2020|
|JEE main application form deadline for April 2020||Mar 7, 2020|
|Last date of fee submission and image upload for April 2020 exam||Mar 8, 2020|
|JEE Main Application form correction window 2020||To be announced|
|JEE Main Admit card for January 2020 released||Mar 16, 2020|
|JEE Main exam dates for april 2020||September 1-6|
|JEE Main exam results date||Postponed|
JEE Main Examination day schedule 2020
There are 2 shifts for JEE Mains exams in both the attempts. Keep in mind whether you’re in the first shift (morning) or second shift (Evening). It is important to reach exam centre 90 minutes before the starting of the exam. Here’s a tentative timing on the day of the exam.
|Timing||Morning Shift||Evening Shift|
|JEE Main exam timing||9:30 AM – 12:30 PM||2:30 PM – 5:30 PM|
|Exam centre entry||7:30 AM – 8:30 AM||12:30 PM – 1:30 PM|
|Examination hall entry||8:45 AM – 9:00 AM||1:45 PM – 2:00 PM|
|Verifying Admit card||9:00 AM – 9:15 AM||2:00 PM – 2:15 PM|
|Go to your Seats||9:15 AM||2:15 PM|
|JEE Main instructions||9:15 AM – 9:25 AM||2:15 PM – 2:25 PM|
|JEE exam time duration||3 hours||3 hours|
|finishing exam||12:30 PM||5:30 PM|
JEE Main Examination date highlights
- JEE Main examination dates: The exam period for January attempt of JEE Main is from 6th January to 9th January. The exam dates for April attempt is from 3rd April to 9th April 2020.
- Test practice centres: NTA has opened more than 3400 test centres across India. If you’ve not been there once, I highly recommend you stop reading this post and go there (Unless it’s very cold there). Click here to register for these centres. If you can’t go there, you can attempt JEE Main mock test from your home in NTA style for free. Signup here.
- JEE Main 2020 admit card: If you haven’t downloaded your admit card yet, here’s the link. You won’t be allowed in the examination hall without this.
- JEE Main application form correction: If you’ve decided to change your name overnight (or there’s some mistake in the form), NTA gives you an opportunity to do just that. Refer this amazing article to fully guide for your JEE Main application form.
- JEE Main eligibility criteria: Every aspirant should go through this criteria once. Here’s the highlights anyways: 1. No nationality limitation. 2. No Age limit (yaay..) 3. Cleared 10+2 (or 12th ) in 2018 or 2019 or appearing in 2020. 4. Maximum 6 attempts in 3 consecutive years.
- JEE Main 2020 Exam results: Results for the January attempt 2020 will be declared on 30 January 2020. JEE Main 2020 exam results for April session will be announced on 30th April 2020. Feeling nervous already? let’s practice right away.
Before you go away, I’m curious to know more about your confidence in Rotational Motion chapter. Every year JEE asks many questions from this chapter. If you’ve got 1 hour of time, let’s check this by taking a chapter test which contains all important topics from this chapter. Register and get started for free.
We hope that you ROCK your JEE
Examination date FAQs
What is the date of JEE Main 2020?
For the January attempt, the dates are from 6th January to 9th January 2020. For the April attempt, the dates are from 3rd April to 9th April 2020.
How can I know my JEE Main dates?
You can check your exact examination date from your admit card for the January attempt. Admit cards for the April attempt are yet to roll out. Get your Admit card from NTA
What is the passing mark for JEE Main?
There is NO passing marks limitation for giving JEE Main. However, if you want to appear for JEE advanced, you need 75% in 12th for general and OBC category, and 65% for SC/ST and other categories.
How many attempts are there in JEE Main 2020?
As of 2019, Students have a maximum of 6 attempts in the maximum duration of 3 years. Your first attempt counts during your 12th standard. So, If you’re in 12th right now, you become ineligible to attend JEE after 2022.