10 Points to Remember for JEE Advanced 2019
Shweta KatheriaMar 9, 2019 . 2 min read
You have prepared a lot for this and trust me, you have enough horsepower to pull this off. You just have to take care of some crucial steps so that you make no mistakes in excelling JEE Advanced.
Here are the top 10 Points for JEE Advanced:
- Start following the exact timetable you will follow on 20th May 2018.
Start waking up early. Do time bound practice between 9:00 am to 12 noon and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. This way your mind and body will get tuned up and you will perform your best on the exam day.
- Solve previous years exam papers (at least last 7 years) in the exam environment at your home (9am -12noon and 2pm–5pm). This is going to give you a great boost. If you don’t know how to start, follow this.
- Do not join test-series which are way above the JEE-Advanced level. This is only going to cripple your self-confidence.
- Take ample amount of sleep. 7 hours is sufficient. Eat light food so that your body does not have to work hard indigestion and you do not fall into a lethargic mode.
- Stay Relaxed (You can practice light meditation). Losing your temperament is very common in pre-exam days and once it happens, performance goes down dramatically.
Don’t Stop Reading. Just 5 more left.
- Visit your exam centre one day prior to the exam. This will make you stress-free of an unknown place the next morning.
- You may not get a good desk/classroom/chair on the exam day. Don’t panic. Stay calm. Wear light, loose and comfortable clothing. It will be a hot sunny day.
- Read the instructions carefully. There is no fixed exam marking scheme and pattern of JEE Advanced like your Board Exams and JEE is known to change patterns a lot. Learn about the update JEE exam pattern 2020 here
- Do not eat heavy food (rice in particular) in lunch on the exam day. It can make you dull and sleepy. You do not want to lose focus in the second paper.
- Do not discuss Paper-1 in the lunch break. If someone insists, ask them to leave.
Getting into an IIT is easy. You just need to do the right things.
If you’ve never attempted JEE Main or JEE Advanced before, then here’s the link to Examination day schedule for you. It explains why it is necessary for you to reach examination centre before 2 hours.
You can visit us at https://rancho.in to boost your IIT preparation.