JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry
JD Lee – Inorganic Chemistry
Author: JD Lee
About JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry
JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry book is very useful for JEE preparation as well as preparation of other engineering entrance exams. It is a concise book that covers the entire JEE syllabus and does not negotiate on the essentials of Inorganic Chemistry. The book involves a lot of multiple-choice questions (MCQs), assertive-type questions as well as single-choice questions for students’ practice.
Expert Review of JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry
This book is an abridged version of the original book by JD Lee and contains concepts only from the JEE syllabus. Detailed answers are given to the problems at the end of each chapter which help learners to clarify their concepts and have a step-by-step understanding of how to handle such problems in the future.
Concise Inorganic Chemistry has an interesting and contrite presentation. A mix of theory and application of Chemistry, the book is more practical-oriented. It is a good reference book for college students as well. You can also buy this book from Amazon.
Topics of JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry
The book begins with the introduction of SI units and nomenclatures in the Periodic Table, and is then distributed into six parts:
- Theoretical Ideas and Hydrogen, which covers the atomic structure and the periodic table, introduction to bonding, the ionic bond, the covalent bond, the metallic bond, general properties of the elements, coordination compounds, and hydrogen and the hydrides.
- The S-Block Elements, which includes Group 1 elements – the alkali metals, the color-alkali industry, and Group 2 elements – the alkaline earth elements.
The P-Block elements, which covers Group 13, 14, 15, 16 (chalcogens), 17 (halogens), and 18 (noble gases) elements).
- The D-Block Elements, which covers an introduction to the transition elements, Group 3 (scandium group), 4 (titanium group), 5 (vanadium group), 6 (chromium group), 7 (manganese group), 8 (iron group), 9 (cobalt group), 10 (nickel group), 11 (copper group and coinage metals), and 12 (zinc group) components.
- The F-Block Elements, which include the lanthanide series and the actinides.
- Other Topics which cover the atomic nucleus and spectra.
Chapters in JD Lee Book
After the main coverage, the book has a total of 15 appendices:
- A: Abundance of the elements in the Earth’s crust,
- B: Melting points of the elements,
- C: Boiling points of the elements,
- D: Densities of the solid and liquid elements,
- E: Electronic structures of the elements,
- F: Some average single bond energies, and some double and triple bond energies,
- G: Solubility of main group compounds in water,
The assessment problems have been framed according to the JEE pattern, making Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee highly useful for JEE aspirants.
Before you go away, I’ll like you to try out a Chapter Test on Rancho. We provide free chapter tests which cover all concepts from a chapter, and it will help you check your preparation from Inorganic Chemistry
Books Related to JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry
– GRB Inorganic Chemistry
– Balaji Problems in Organic Chemistry
FAQs about JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry
Is JD Lee Inorganic sufficient for JEE?
JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry is a great book for JEE Inorganic Theory. It covers all topics from JEE syllabus, and with this book and NCERT, your needs for a reference for Inorganic Chemistry are complete.
Is JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry enough for questions practice?
The book contains sufficient amount for theory as well as questions to help you prepare for JEE. However, for even further practice, you can use Rancho